Favorite Wall in Austin for Blog 2

The Past is Still Recorded Online

This blog is out of use and out of date. I am now posting on mercedesorten.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Another comment...

Taxes. I finally did them last night and mailed them in today. Did you know there is no income tax in Texas? Sweet, I say! That was the only exclaimation of happiness that I allowed myself when doing those taxes, because mostly I was filled with resentment and frustration while filling out those blanks. Part of me was hoping I would make a mistake just to throw SOMEONE off.

Who has done their taxes? Am I the only one that shares the sentiments of anger and frustration in paying for the damn eraser that will be used to plan the next bomb that kills hundreds? I hate it.

Also, I have found myself in a blunder about daylight savings time. I need feedback, ya'll. My little brother, who is not necessarily a reliable source of information, told me that "Congress passed a law stopping all daylight savings time after this next fall." Now, I don't believe it. Someone, please correct my brother if he is wrong!


Current book I'm reading: Still "Middlesex," and it is overdue at the Austin Public Library. Poor Austin Public Library! I feel like a horrible library patron. I'm betraying the library system by preventing others from checking out this wonderful piece of literature. I should be bludgeoned.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, April 05, 2006, Blogger J said…

    woah woah woah there mercedes.. NO income tax in tejas? no way! thats fantastic.. They just did away with all sales tax on clothes and shoes here in nyc.. so if you need to shop, come on down!

    But yeah, i havent even thought about my taxes yet.. have a big stack of pay stubs and various 1099 forms and bank statements in a folder on my desk that i've been having a stare-down with for the past couple of weeks....

    Um, and with the daylight savins time.. no law has been passed yet, although there are all sorts of weird regional laws.. in Indiana, little pockets of people have their own time zone etc, and i hear over in indonesia somewhere theres a warlord who's creating his own time zone. hehe, maybe this is the year we will finally get to enact jewish standard time (JST), moving our clocks up 15 minutes, and finally getting in sync with the rest of the world...

     
  • At 4:03 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Carrie said…

    Two posts!!!! I'm proud! Ahhh mercedes I miss you dearly and am glad that things are going well! Love you always as well! Now that IT'S BEAUTIFUL here in colorado (meaning not freezing cold) I am going to go enjoy the outdoors with a walk to the park and a book... Hope to hear from you soon!!! LOVE ya babe! HUGS and KISSES.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am a marathoner. That means I have a tummy that could sieze a spider.